Tuesday 7 February 2012

Are we really friends?

I was just about to go to bed when I began to think about my day, how productive it was, who I spoke to, etc and I just reminded myself to pray for my friends before I sleep.
Now I'll be honest with you, this is not something I do everynight, or everyday I should stay because to me praying for your friends is not just including or throwing them into a prayer you are already making, taking the extra effort to really speak to God on behalf of your friends to ask Him to really strengthen them and keep them strong with Him.
I mean, how many times can we say that we do this? I don't just mean when there's a situation in their lifes, I mean in general.

Once a Pastor we had in my church in a meeting told us all to pray for eachother everynight, by name. I mean, we were all friends but this is something we we not used to doing, and only after the prayer did we realised how many names we left out! It makes it more personal and shows more of an effort! No they will not know what your doing for them but you and God do, that's all that matters.
In order to have a great friend, we need to be the great friend we want to have, so how can we consider ourselves to be good or great to our friends if we don't even take time to personally pray or even fast for them?
If we can do for a problem, a soul and our own spiritual lifes then why not a friend?
The love for a real friend is shown by the sacrifices you make on their behalf without them having any idea!
This is something I will make sure I'm doing from now on as I want my friends to be blessed and remain strong with God

Food for thought!


3 comments:

  1. Yes Anneka, this is do true, and very funny in a way because literally last week God revealed to me that I need to pray more for my friends, and actually I chose to do it before I go to bed too....
    A pray is far far better that a phone call, text, gift or even a visit! Thank God for this revalation!

    God Bless you, love you.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know you had a blog have to post that line "In order to have a great friend, we need to be the great friend we want to have" too strong and sooo true!!! hope i was incl in your prayer he he ;-) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really love it aneekz!!! this blog is tooo strong! we cant expect something from someone if were not doing it for them.

    ReplyDelete